In order to strengthen the study discipline and maintain well-organized teaching implementation, the Ask for Leave System is stipulated hereafter.
Clause 1 Regulations of Ask for Leave System
1. There are 3 types of absence: leave for personal affairs, sickness leave and official leave.
(1) Leave for personal affairs: Generally students are not allowed to ask for leave because of personal affairs, unless there is a sound reason.
A. The authorized leave includes: a) police registration, visa and the embassy affairs; b) family emergency;
B. The unauthorized leave includes: a) family events, such as house appliance or furniture delivery; b) housing matters; c) childcare or family care, or schooling arrangement etc; d) meeting friends or family at the airport or station e) banking business; f) the unofficial holiday flights (such as returning home early at the end of the semester, etc.); g) family celebrations such as wedding.
(2) Sickness leave: If a student cannot go to class on time because of physical discomfort, students must bring the hospital certificate to go through the procedures for sickness leave. If the student cannot complete the procedures in time due to sudden indisposition, the class assistant in charge of the class must confirm it, otherwise the request will not be accepted. When a student get over sickness, the student are required to submit Hospital Certification and relevant testimonial materials (not including: XX clinic, XX pharmacy and other informal medical organizations).
(3) Official leave: If a student cannot attend classes because of taking part in the school activity or other local events related to the university, the student must provide the relevant certificates to get authorized permission for leave.
2. The 3 types of absence are only inspected and vetted by college office. Any permission of leave by other offices or staff is invalid.
3.Apart from the sickness leave, generally a student cannot ask for leave during the examinations. If a student has to ask for absence in exams, the student must apply to the college office in ahead no matter how long the absence would be. Only after the application is permitted, the student can ask for leave from student affairs office.
4. Except for sickness leave, absence should not be more than one week. The total absence time each semester cannot be more than 15 days. Excuse for longer absence is required and vetted under special circumstances.
5.If a student travel out of Jinan, the student must write clearly the route of the trip, transportation tools, entourage, contact information and reasons.
Clause 2 Permission on Ask for Leave
1. Asking for leave within a week should be vetted and signed by the teacher of the Academy/International Cooperation Office for approval.
2.Asking for leave for more than a week should be vetted and signed by the dean or deputy dean of the Academy/International Cooperation Office for approval.
Clause 3 Extension of Applied Absence
If there is a special reason that leads to a delayed return, the students required to apply to the College Office to extend the absence. If not, the student will be regarded as absence.
Clause 4 Return Report
The student should report to the College Office to terminate the absence when coming back to university. Otherwise the student will be regarded as absence after the given period.
Clause 5 Other Relevant Issues
l. Reasons for leave must be truthful. Any fraud and fault will lead to corresponding punishment depending on the seriousness.
2．If a student breaks the rules of asking for leave, he will be regarded as absence and truancy. The truancy hours are accumulated according to the actual teaching hours every day.